Thursday, April 2

Great Days

I have a lot of great days. There are ones where report cards come home or we celebrate momentous occasions. Those are wonderful, of course. The ones I cherish the most though, are the ones where nothing spectacular happens. Where I wake up to a lovey text from my missing husband. Then I hit the farmer's market and score lilies up the wazoo for $10. After that, I run my errands and they all go flawlessly and without incident. When I get home, the kids are ready to go to the gym with me, and they go. Then when they're there, they don't wander around aimlessly trying to make it look like they're working out. Instead, they actually work their butts pretty good. They set goals and meet them. Then when we get home, the dogs are being spastic freaks and playing wrestle mania with each other while I hop in the shower and the oldest makes dinner, with help from the youngest, all with very little direction from Mom.

What a stellar day. It could have been better; Tom could be here, but he is not. So, I am appreciating as it is. As frustrated as I get with the kids, they are good humans. They are becoming better humans, too. With lots of bumps, some bigger than others (that was a bad joke for those in the know). They are handling their lives with honesty and integrity though. They have given up trying to lie and that makes a huge difference in all communication. I still get frustrated. I do. Often. It's ok though, because if they continue on the paths they are currently on, they will get *there*. They will get to that place where I can let go and be proud of what we did.

So anyway... it's a good day.

4 comments:

  1. i feel like i'm in the cool club because i get it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to hear that there is a smoothness to life right now, it's always better that way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez there must be something wrong with me because I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy for you! How sweet. Especially the part where they make dinner without help! How long do I have to wait for that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evidently about another 12ish years, Chelle. I should explain the great dinner experiment. It's going really, really well.

    ReplyDelete