Monday, April 13

Sounds like a plan

Whew! I think we've finally figured out what we're doing.

We've decided to buy a home in Hawaii, which is nauseating in this market, but oh well! So, we're furiously hunting for houses all over Oahu. It's an interesting thing when you don't know the lay of the land, etc. I've never spent any time on Oahu and Tom hasn't been there in like a decade. Also, the reason we CAN buy on Oahu is the slumping market. How much farther is it going to slump?? Eeek... makes me nervous.

Tom will be home July 18th ish and we will start packing up the following week. We intend to fly out of here July 30th or 31st. Hopefully we can find and close on (or rent from the seller) fairly quickly so that we don't have to live in a tiny place with two children and four animals!

The animals are all set to go. Each of them is healthy and has the required anti-bodies needed to enter Hawaii (they don't have rabies there and want to keep it that way). They are all going to have to fly, which gives me fits. I am sure the boys can handle it but it has to be hard on the cats. I think we might try to sedate them and put them in carry ons. They're so little.

Anyway, just thought I would check in.

3 comments:

  1. I will cross my fingers that the right house comes your way. Email pix, I live looking at houses! Besides, how could you decide without my two cents, talk about invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kitties in carry on, sounds like a plan! Good luck with your search, Morgan! We wish you the best.
    Khris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't sedate the pets. Tranqs compromise respiratory function and the pressure changes are likely to increase the effect - it's why you get drunk faster and with less alcohol on a plane. Also turbulence could injure an already-wobbly stoned kitty. I would just get the carriers you're going to use as far in advance as possible and keep them open around the house for them to get used to - toss treats in there so they'll go in and inspect. After a while, start putting them in there for a little bit each day. If they adopt it as their safe little den, they'll be more calm during the whole moving process if they are in there.

    ReplyDelete