Friday, March 20

OK, Done with the moping

I've been in the pits for a bit. I got the 'end of deployment blues' and then the 'he's leaving again blues' and on top of that the 'doggie tail blues' and the 'two teenagers acting like toddlers blues' and the 'my tummy feels icky blues' all at the same time.

Wow. Bummer, huh?

I get swallowed by things at times and I'm so bad at expressing them, I do it here. Anyway, I'm done with that.

The deployment is over. He's gone again, but it won't be for long and he's not being shot at. The doggie is all better. When his fur grows back, he'll be golden (well he'll be yellow). The kids seem to be on the right path. Austen turned a major corner and that has made an immeasurable difference around here. Tori is here and dealing with some rough stuff, but I think she's dealing with it right. There could be some positives from her hardships, actually I know that it will be positive in the end, regardless of which way it turns out. Then, to top that all off, Eve - one of the bestest friends in the world - may have figured out what's been screwing with my insides for 2+ years.

Oh and lookie what I got these from my spectacularly wonderful husband:

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it is just the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm clueless: Who is Victoria?

    I'm sooo glad Austen is doing better, and will be happy when you feel better, too. Those flowers are really beautiful and you are a rockstar. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jess. You're so right, as usual!

    Liz, Tori (Victoria) is my step-daughter. She had been living with my in-laws for the last few years. I will divulge more about her circumstances later. She is here and trying to find her center and stability again. I hope I am helping with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what's up w/ your insides? How did you get it figured out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will post more once I know more. I don't want to bank on it being this, since I'm not a doctor and neither is my gf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "They don't love you like I love you...."

    I love that song, 'Maps'. You always did have excellent taste in music!

    ReplyDelete