Wednesday, January 21

Helen's Soup

I think I turned most of you on to Margaret and Helen's blog. Well, not too long ago, Helen posted a recipe for carrot and peanut butter soup. Since the peanut butter in the jars is supposedly ok, I went for it.

It's purdy darn yummy. The original is linked above, but I will copy the recipe here, too.

Helen's Aunt Mary Lou’s Peanut Butter and Carrot Soup

1 large onion diced
1 stalk celery diced
2 lbs. carrots, peeled and diced
1 tsp. vegetable oil
6 cups chicken broth
1 tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
Juice of one large lime
2 tbs. peanut butter
salt/pepper to taste

Using one large stock pot, heat the onion, celery and carrots in the oil until soft. Add broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add all other ingredients and continue soft simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool for a bit and then use a blender to puree little by little until the entire stock is smooth. Return to pot to heat before serving. Tastes even better the second day!

I used an immersion blender, cus it is so much easier and so many less dishes. I also added some chicken after the blending, cus my kid requires meat something er other in everything.

Give it a try... it's yummy.

2 comments:

  1. I saw that post and thought it sounded good even if a little strange. Maybe I will try it now that a trusted source confirms....

    ReplyDelete