Tuesday, January 13

Big Girl Panties

I have them around here somewhere. I don't plan on wearing them today though. I am going to sulk today. Sulking is not healthy, by any means. I don't think it's particularly bad to sulk if you can acknowledge it though. I guess this is my new stance on life; unreasonable emotions are fine, as long as you're conscious of them.

hahahahahahahaha


That being said:

We're working on getting to Hawai'i. We think that the position there is something that Tom would like, living on the island for a few years wouldn't be too bad, Austen would finish high school there, it's tropical, if I can't do a brick and mortar PharmD program, we might as well be in paradise while I work my tushie off and the billet is non-deployable.

In order for Tom to take this billet, he may need to go to school. Not for sure, but it is likely. He has had some other schooling that may be commiserate and prevent it, but we don't know that yet. We're assuming he must go. So, in the big picture it is worth it.

The school is run twice a year. Tom should be home sometime around the first of February. The school starts in March. In DC. It runs through July. If we do the math, that would mean 45 days together in 18 months.

I am still pouting.

3 comments:

  1. As a Military Spouse, I believe we are eternally entitled to pout. There's a lot that goes into that and you're the support that allows it all to happen. Don't forget that.

    The glue-that's what you are.The glue.

    It's ok to pout pout pout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. screw pouting. go break something.

    then bake something.

    THEN pout.

    just for the record, and because it is incredibly appropriate, my word verification is "spent"

    ReplyDelete