Sunday, June 1

Pretty Dern Good Weekend

Surprisingly enough...

We started out rough. I really thought I was going to spend the weekend fighting with Austen; however, we did not engage. It was good. It was a step in the right direction.

I wiped out his room. The poor kid has nothing left. Well, that is not applicable today, but he spent Saturday with n.o.t.h.i.n.g. It was hard for him. He stepped up and helped me with some things I needed to do for the party last night and managed to execute almost exactly what he was instructed to do during the party (stay in his room and take care of the dog). So, he was told he got to have one thing back. He hemmed and hawed all day about it. In the end, he chose to get a more attractive pair of shoes back, which was far more logical than I expected. So, I let him have another thing back, too. I got a long, deep, tight hug tonight before bed. I haven't gotten one like that in a long time. It was awesome.

On to the party! What a freaking RIOT!!! Oh.my.gawd. that was one of the most amusing nights of my adult life. I laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt when I went to bed. I really, really, really enjoyed the heck out of myself. If everyone whom attended the party last night had half as much fun as I did; it was a success.

I finished off the weekend with a little cleaning today (note to all: when you have a party with all women, it is *very* easy to clean up afterward!) and a lot of very militant lounging and ardent snacking. I am presently adorned in the haute(st) of lounge-ware couture.

The only dismal part of the weekend was my lack of communication with Tom. I am raptly staring at my IM, though. I am sure I will get to talk to him in a moment! Well, bag that. While I was writing, I looked down at my little 'systray' and realized that there was no smiling, yellow face looking at me. So, I booted up Yahoo! Instant Messenger, and found that I had just missed my beloved by about 2 minutes. Sometimes I wonder how I made it to maturation.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too!

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the ulcer.

    i talked to our mortgage folks and they assured me that THEY are the ones picking the appraiser...the seller is just paying for it b/c the seller is paying all the closing costs.

    as far as the rest of it - the contract is signed. it would have been nice to know that the seller might pay for an inspection, but we feel more comfortable having the person responsible for finding any existing problems being paid by us...not by someone with a vested interest in there not being any major problems.

    still, though. i'm officially freaked!

    hey and ps (longest comment ever) AWESOME idea with the room clearing! whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will cross my fingers that the progress with Austen continues. Saturday was so much fun, probably just what most of us needed...sorry you missed Tom. I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaay! Stuff is working then, that's very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL just ask Mike about room clearing! His parents used to do the same thing. He was allowed books though. Oh, and not sure if you are doing this or not, he had to stay in his room when not in school. HARSH! But heck, my boy sure is well read :o)

    ReplyDelete