Thursday, June 19

Another Amazing Day...

...then again any day where I see new stuff is amazing. We drove from Eureka to the Redwood Nat'l forest and then up to Gold Beach, OR and over this nice little road (so the map says) to Grant's Pass, OR.

Well that damn road was not nearly as nice as the map portrayed, and it didn't get bad until it was too far in to turn around. One lane. Not one fat lane where you drive in the middle and move to the side when you pass a car. No. Not. That. One skinny, tiny little lane. Parts of the road were roped off because the dirt under the road way had slid down the 4000 foot drop off and the blacktop was crumbling away. Then there was snow. Yeah. Snow.

It was stunningly beautiful. I mean make you weep gorgeous.

When I pulled off that road, I felt my entire upper body start throbbing. I had been so tense that I had worn out my muscles. I am sure that I will be sore tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow; we're going to Crater Lake which is a very unique place and quite amazing itself. From there we head up to Crooked River Ranch for the Family Reunion. Have I told you all that half of my family are wild, crazy, hippie, party-animals and the other half are very strict, law abiding Mormons? I think they (the Mormon portion) twitch when we put Bailey's in our double roasted espresso. I twitch when the cousin who is my age introduces me to the 2-3 more children she's had since the last reunion. I think she's up to 10 or so now.

It's always fun, and I am not even joking. Some how we all get along and accept the crazy differences. It's kind of weird though, since the relationship with this family is fairly convoluted anyway. My maternal grandmother was the daughter of the matriarch of this family. However, her mother was killed when she was 3 (as was her dad) and never really had any contact with these folks. Yet, we all still get together every 2 years in random places throughout the western United States.

I doubt that CRR has WiFi. So there will be no blogging. Also, I am having a humdinger of a time getting pictures uploaded from the PC to the public folder with these crappy WiFi connections in the hotels. You just might have to wait.

Hope you're all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment