Monday, June 16

Frisco

Wowsers....

I haven't been to this area of California for a million years. We got in to the Bay Area Saturday evening. We were greeted by Alex and Janet with open arms into their new home. Their beautiful son is a delight and I was so honored to get to hang out with him! Their home is situated on the side of a mountain in the middle of a coastal redwood forest (new growth <100 years old - still the tallest trees I've seen in 20 years). The entire side of their house is windows. It's STUNNING!!! We had the most yummy soup ever (chicken broth with a touch of soy and fish sauce with chopped asparagus, green onions, cilantro, pea shoots and king crab) for dinner and spent the evening chatting.

Then it was time to go to bed. Changed our clothes and brushed our teeth. I was camping on the fold-out sofa in the living room. I curled into the down mattress topper and down duvet that were provided to me and looked up. I had not realized that there were two MASSIVE skylights in the living room, directly above the aforementioned sofa. The moon is nearing full. I cannot describe to you the amazing beauty that filled my vision as I drifted off to slumberland. Seriously, you could not be pissed off living in that house. You just could NOT.

We're up in SF proper today. We're staying on Lombard, which is infamous. I think we will hit china town and the trolleys today. We're going to go to the exploratorium tomorrow... I'm stoked!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment