Saturday, July 26

It's 2am

and I am doing math. Not for a class or anything, but for school. I am realizing just how much this education I am pursuing is going to cost me. I am sorta freakin' out. I know that I looked up all of these interesting little tidbits before I went and registered for my very first class last spring. However, the information must not have sunk in. It's certainly sinking in right now. It's sinking in $150,000 deep. That's just tuition. Yeah, just tuition. There is SO much more on top of that.

It's worth it. It's worth it. It's worth it. If you say it three times, it has to be true, right?

This is the program I am working towards. I think it is really the only option that will mesh with my husband's career and our geographic limitations. We will be moving next summer and then again 3-4 years later. Oh, and guess what else? The average GPA of students entering the program is higher than 3.8. ummm, whoa....

And this, my friends, was a message brought to you by too much ice tea late at night.

2 comments:

  1. it will be worth it. it will be worth it. it will be worth it.

    when you get to the part about all the different ways to prevent and/or stop barfing, let me know.

    kthx. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will indeed be worth it. My Hubby got his Masters via distance education from a DETC accredited school, and he's starting his doctoral program in the fall -- again, from a distance education program.

    Given that his masters degree has qualified him as a board certified psychotherapost and he has 50-state reciprocity with his newly acquired advanced certification in substance abuse counseling (plus Canada, UK, Mexico, etc.), I think it is safe to say that a degree earned via distance education from a good, and properly accredited institution is as marketable as one from a "bricks and mortar" school.

    Haak ;)

    ReplyDelete