Sunday, July 27

Crappy day with a good ending...

It's 1:30, again. Yeah, I am a confirmed night owl. I doubt this will ever change.

So, after capping things off last night about 2am and then reading for a while (an hour or so) I drifted off to sleep somewhere around 3:30ish. I was awoken this morning to some kid beating on my bedroom window. I am not sure what the little tyrant was using, but it sounded like a stick or something. Of course, this didn't please Hershey which prompted him to bark at the sleep terrorist. After tossing and turning for about 35 minutes with no success in falling back to sleep. I arose. I had been in bed for all of 6 hours, meaning I got about 5 hours sleep. Did I mention that I don't do well without sleep? Like really, do.not.function. So I pissed and moaned around the house all day. Being pissed off at the world is a stressful undertaking.

I took all of that mad energy and focused it on my bedroom. I tore apart every drawer, etc. I went through everything, again. I got my closet buffed out, and even pulled all of the clothing out of the guest room to go through.

Austen got all miffed, so I sent him to his room where he cried and cried and begged forgiveness. Evidently when I said, "You need to go to your room for the night." I was not clear in what I meant. I meant, "You need to go to your room for the night." After listening to him for quite a while, I played on the computer and dorked around the house again. Then decided to head to bed.

"Oh crap!" I had forgotten that there was a pile of clothing on my bed. So I figured I might as well dive into it. I tried on everything. Most all of it fit. That rocks. Things that I haven't worn since 2001 and earlier fit me again! I even got into a pair of old Calvin Klein size 14 jeans. I haven't worn those since I was 22-23ish. Yes, that's ten years. Yes, I realize it is weird to cart around jeans that don't fit you for ten years, but I did it. Now, don't misunderstand me. They were tight as heck. I will not be wearing them out in public anytime soon, but I got them on and buttoned them. I also got on some of my dress slacks that are 14s. There is a huge disparity in sizing between designers. My Ann Taylor 14s fit pretty darn good. the Larry Levine were snug, but not too tight. My AF jeans were doable, but probably too tight to be comfortable.

Anyway, which brand pants fit me is not relevant to this post. What IS relevant is that in January my size 20 pants were TOO TIGHT. 20 - 14 since Tom's been gone. That made up for the kid beating on my dang window this morning at the unholiest of hours.

1 comment:

  1. i love the part about what you meant. =)

    you dropped SIX SIZES in how many months? not that many. that is AWESOME! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete