Wednesday, July 23

Busy Week

So, I am getting ready for the big move back to Del Mar. I am pretty excited to have a nice house in a nice location. We had the ratty house in the nice location and now we have the nice house in the ratty location. Put the two together for a slice of heaven, eh? If it were only going to last more than a year or so... lol. Oh well. Being married to the Corps means you don't get too comfortable, eh?

Yesterday I bought a decent china hutch. It's older and a little beat up, but it will work until we settle someplace where I can have investment quality furniture. No point in letting nice things get beat to crap. Today, I took the wrought iron bed that my great grandfather, grandfather, father, uncles, brother and now son have slept on to the powder coating place. My husband assures me that powder coating is better than painting. Can anyone confirm this? Anyway, she sent me back home to polish all the brass accents on it first so that she can give me a complimentary clear coat so that they never have to be polished again. I think she might be a saint. I hate polishing metal (hence the aforementioned china hutch). The bed has been green, red, blue, and black. I think I am going to have them do it a dark cherry red. It is just pretty like that. Plus, every dang wrought iron bed you see is either black or white and that is just boring. The other colors seem a bit to collegiate for me, though. At least red is easy enough to coordinate.

Tomorrow I am going to go get all registered for school. I was supposed to do it today, but they were short on counselors and heavy on students. I didn't see any point in waiting.

The next few months of life are going to be hectic and this makes me smile. That means the time will fly until I see Tom. October 1 we should see each other. That's just TEN weeks from today!!! OMG!! I am so deliriously excited that I can hardly see straight. I am a bit worried that the two weeks is going to fly by way too fast and make the subsequent three months drag by. I hope with every little fiber of my being that this is his last deployment. Although, he told me last night that if he gets this gig in Oahu, he will be going to school for 18 weeks. 18 weeks is a long damn time... grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... oh well. At least he won't be in another country that has no commercial air service. I will be able to visit him at will.

Other than that, here's a picture of our new house:

2 comments:

  1. oooh nice! I was just telling Liz I needed, okay wanted, you to take a photo of the ol' cul-de-sac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh pritty...in the money spot, too. score!

    ReplyDelete