Friday, August 29

The White House

So, I've been invited to the White House to attend an event for volunteers. The President will be there and be giving a speech. The event will be held on the South Lawn. I don't know how to dress.

I was raised by pinko, commie, liberal, tree-huggin, leftists. I am married to a fairly centrist republican. I am somewhere in between those two identities. I have a bleeding heart, but I still believe in your right to bear arms (or bare arms if they don't look like mine). I guess you could call me a Libertarian. I believe in small government and protecting our own first.

I am not Bush's biggest fan, you could say.

Is it hypocritical to attend an event thrown by a man you loathe just to garner the once-in-a-lifetime experience of attending an event at his (ultra historic amazing) home?

I'm confounded.

8 comments:

  1. wait, scratch that. the heels will get stuck in the lawn.

    go for the tour. it's an honor any way you slice it - someone noticed your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't pass it up. That's really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DUH... of course you GO GO GO! Forget politics it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. As for the clothes I'm sure you will look awesome - I've seen you fancy before and you clean up real nice ;o) Although stilletos and a bikini would probably make headlines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you all channeling Tom? His only addition would be a light coat of oil.

    The follow-up to the invite said business attire. I will be conservative yet fashion forward.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAH right. I will be lucky to not fall on my face on the lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not about this (although i do have to say that good old ann taylor DOES have some awful cute business casual-type dresses)...

    ...my post sounds rude, but i never doubted you...i mean, you DID grow up eating eight-pound muffins. =)

    tom can thank us for our fashion advice. wait, not the ann taylor part...the bikini part. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Morgan--friend of Liz's here...I vote you go...of course, just think of all the other presidents that have or will live in the house...I vote you add a feather boa to the bikini--I mean it seems to be a bit more formal...

    also, can we get some more pics of the new del mar neighborhood (for another former resident???)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz, your comment was not rec'd as anything close to rude. It was funny as heck.

    I now have this picture in my head:

    Bikini
    Light coat of oil
    Stilettos
    Feather Boa
    Obama - Biden button

    ReplyDelete